WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.Get WinSCP Here!
FileZilla is a cross-platform graphical FTP, FTPS and SFTP client a lot of features, supporting Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and more. FileZilla Server is a reliable FTP server for Windows.
With FTP Server
The File manager is good to use when you are away form your computer and you can access a browser. The File Manager can be accessed from any location. This eliminates the need to install a program like FileZilla or Notepad++
- Login into your cPanel. Go to the File Manager, select the public_html directory and click Go.
- Navigate to the directory you want to upload a file to. ...
- Browse your local computer for the file you want to upload.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Close the Upload files page.
Is a program that allows you to edit files. Below will explain how to create a file on your server with Notepad++. This is assuming your already have downloaded ans installed the NppFTP pluggin.
- Open NotePad++.
- Go to Plugins > NppFTP > Show NppFTP Window in the menu at the top of your Notepad++.
- In the NppFTP Window, click the gear and select Profile Settings.
- Click Add new.
- On the "Adding profile" pop up, name the FTP Profile Connection
- Click OK.
- Enter your FTP credentials in the Connection tab.
- When you are done adding the FTP information click close.
- Click the Connect icon in the NppFTP window.
- Select your new Profile.
- Your Notepad++ should display your FTP connection log and details at the bottom and the Files on your server in the NppFTP window.
- In the NppFTP Window on the right side of Notepad++, navigate to the folder you want to upload a file to. Right click the folder and select "Upload other file here. . .".
- Browse the server for the file you want to upload. Select the file and Click open
- Now you will see the file in the folder location on the server.
Mac | Linux : command line
You can also use the command line on both Mac and Linux operating system. The command scp (secure copy) allows files to be copied to, from, or between different hosts. It uses ssh for data transfer and provides the same authentication and same level of security as ssh. You need to have SSH logins enabled on the destination computer, and know the username and password for the destination computer.
Copy the file "foobar.txt" from the local host to a remote host
$ scp foobar.txt username@remotehost:/remote/directory
Copy the directory "foo" from the local host to a remote host's directory "bar"
$ scp -r foo username@remotehost:/remote/directory/bar